Lord-Lieutenant of Devon
What is the Lieutenancy for?
The Lieutenancy is the link between the Monarchy and the Counties, and the Lord Lieutenant is Her Majesty’s personal representative in the County.
The work of the modern Lieutenancy involves:
- arranging and supporting Royal visits to the County
- celebrating the achievements of the people of Devon and their service to others (Honours and Awards, QAVS, QAE).
- helping to promote Devon communities, culture, services, heritage, business and charitable success while drawing attention to those who make this happen and address challenges and problems in the County,
- supporting the Services and, in particular, the Reserve forces and cadets.
- involvement in the recruitment and the conduct of magistrates through being involved in local advisory committees.
NOTE: The Lieutenancy cannot be involved in political matters or local arguments and controversies.